View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 02:28

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

So, it's been established that I pretty much suck at recording gym doings here. I've actually slacked off with recording them at my LJ as well. *sigh*

This isn't to say that I've quit the gym, or that I'm not keeping track, because neither or those is true. I still go 5-6 times a week--really strive for six, but sometiems things come up and a workout has to be sacrificed--and the husband unit bought a kickass book for me to write things down in while I'm actually *at* the gym, so I don't have to walk around muttering numbers to myself all of the time. Heh...maybe I was embarassing him with my nutter-like murmurings.

My weight has dropped again. I seem to lose in odd spurts--nothing for several weeks, then I'll have a week of dropping around a pound a day. It's amusing and frustrating at the same time.

Oh, back to gym things...because, this is supposed to be a gym log afterall. Last week I changed my routine around quite a bit. It's now:
Day 1 - Shoulders, Chest, Bis, Tris and light cardio
Day 2 - HIIT and Abs
Day 3 - Back and light cardio
Day 4 - Shoulders, Chest, Bis, Tris and light cardio
Day 5 - HIIT and Abs
Day 6 - Whole Body Circuit and moderate cardio

I made the change after getting lots of comments from fellow gym goers and catching a few glimpses of my legs during workouts. I've always been prone to heavy muscularity in the legs--very much encouraged by all of the volksmarches and bike riding I did as a kid--to the point that I was frequently called 'van Damme legs' in college by various friends. I didn't notice it until people started pointing it out, but my legs are starting to reach those same insane proportions again...though they're still not quite as cut.

Michael (the husband unit) was practically agape one night in the gym while watching me on the lower back extension machine...he later said that my quads were popping out in a huge arc, and he couldn't help but stare and feel a little twinge of jealousy. Heh.

Anyway, all of that led me to the realization that I don't really need to spend a lot of time working on my legs--especially with the inclines and high resistance levels I use on the elliptical. So, as far as my lifting goes, I've decided to spend more time focusing on my upper body--where I've always had problems with developing visible musculature--and just hit my legs during my circuit day.

It was actually a pretty hard decision to make, because I love working my legs. What can I say? Even though they sometimes make my knees groan a bit, I love squats. Yep, I'm a sicko.

It's paying off already, though. My upper arms are taking on much more shape, as is my chest, and I'm developing more back cleavage than I've probably ever had...amazing. Flexing my upper arm now results in an unyielding solidity that I wasn't sure I'd ever see--well, except for that soft, poochy bit at the upper-inner arm...but that's just going to take time to sort itself out.

Wow, I've rambled. I'll shut up now.