Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 16:05
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
My personal preference is a combination of chicolin and stevia. There is no chemical aftertaste, but the full mouth feel of sugar is absent.

Hi Karen:

That is my favorite as well. I made the mock danish with splenda the first time (so as not to stray from the recipe) and noticed the aftertaste. I also tried the DaVinci syrup with the same effect. I just don't get that with my stevia/chicolin. I also don't get that feeling of "having to have more" with stevia, which I get with splenda.

Is there a "full mouth feel of sugar" with splenda? I'm not really sure what that means, I guess, cause I rarely have it.

I'm kind of excited that such a good cook as yourself prefers stevia. I have a low carb stevia cookbook (I ordered from the US), but haven't made many things with it. The cheesecakes look wonderful though, especially the frozen lime pie. I'm always afraid if I make something, I'll eat the whole thing in one sitting. I forget, that it was the sugar causing the bad eating behaviour.

Are all your desserts "stevia" friendly? I have a conversion chart in my stevia cookbook I can use.

Thanks,
Wanda