View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-12, 02:36

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Use it moderately and don't add salt till the food hits your plate, otherwise you can end up with it way oversalted. You can freeze it, then cut it with a sharp knife to make aesthetically pleasing tiny squares, fry them and sprinkle on soup or a salad. Before you freeze it maybe cut it down a bit - into several pieces- so its not too big to cut frozen. Especially yummy addition to fried liver if thats on your menu! And, as you identified, any and all sauteed veggie dishes. We also (in Austria) make a wonderfully decadent non-lc thing called a gramiknoedel (in regular german I think its called a Kramlknoedel), you cut your little squares, put them in a bowl and add lots of parsley and black pepper, then roll small marbel sized balls with them, set them on a baking tray and freeze them. Then you make a mix of bread crumbs, a little flour, salt and pepper, egg and milk, and form balls, then shove the smaller ball into the dough ball and smooth it into a larger ball. These knoedel, or dumplings, are then gently boiled in a big full pan of water until the float. Then serve, no sauce needed. We like to then slice them in half and fry them up face down in a frying pan. Now, if someone could suggest how to make the dumpling lc I'd do it in a flash, maybe something with almond flour and parmesian cheese -- otherwise my days of enjoying gramiknoedel are gone. Sorry for jacking your thread, but writing this was like eating it, I just couldn't stop!