#42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 125/110/110
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Met is next if the diet doesn't do it

Thanks for the "Met" suggestion. That is next if she is not back to normal in a few months time. I have her on chromium...she has been for about 4 months now. I am thinking that is why the diet has helped so much so quickly.

Our doctors around here are clueless when it comes to PCOS. I am not even positive that that is her problem, but it is adding up. I do know that there is some sort of metabolic problem if she doesn't have periods. She had them normally for a couple of years and then just stopped and started the weight gain. I really hope that we can do it without medication, but it is good to know that that is an option if this doesn't completely do the job.

This girl lived on potatoes, meat and bread. Her dad had hypoglycemia....they never even checked her for this. I had her to several and all they would say is "the pill". I started researching myself and came up with PCOS. In fact, she read about PCOS in a book on reproduction and I read it and a light bulb went off. That is when I started researching this disorder and found this diet and all you wonderful supportive women