#30   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%

Hi Dana,

It is going good although I have to say, I am making a radical change come Monday!

SOUTH BEACH! I read the book and have to say, I am impressed. Don't get me wrong, I truly love Atkins but in reading the book, I feel that SB is truly a better choice for lifetime maintainence. As I stated earlier this week, my dad lost 12.5 lbs the first 2 weeks. His blood sugar is under control and he feels great. The first two weeks seem almost the same as Atkins but cutting out the fats such as butter and cream. Good carbs vs. bad. EEK! My kitten just jumped on my shoulder! She is a cutty pie and loves to give effection. Anyway, I am doing my prep this weekend. Planning my meals. Going to give it a try and see how it goes. In reading Phase 1 and 2, I love the fact that I can have say tomato juice and in Phase 2, even fruit. So we shall see. My stepmom is a nurse and feels since I have lost the bulk of the weight that I should not be eating the high fat foods that are not healthly for me so I am moving on. Now, I may fall flat on my face but it is something I must try.

So that is where I am at! Weather, much better today. It's already up to 13 degrees with a high of 26 today, so HEATWAVE! This is great. It actually hurt to be outside the last two nights when I walked the dogs. They didn't waste anytime. Did their business and back in the house they charged!

So I will keep you posted! I am very excited to Start. How are things with you? You have done extremely well! Good for you! I would move onto OWl if I were you. Induction can get boring. There aren't to many food items that you add but just enough to keep it exciting. I loved the fact that I could have strawberries and tomatos once I moved onto OWL. I would go for it. Just my thought!

I have oodles of housework and laundry to do so I need to get moving. Need to get to the gym today too. Maybe even a refreshing walk since there is no wind. The 26 degrees will feel like Spring to me! That's sad!

Take care and talk soon!