View Single Post
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-11, 07:00

Plan: The Insulin Resistance Di
Stats: 180/160/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default IR Diet Works

I am 73 years old and a diet controlled type 2 diabetic. I have been on the Insulin Resistance Diet since August 14 and have lost 14 pounds. It is the easiest plan I have ever used, fits any lifestyle, and though the weight loss isn't lightning fast, it is the kind that I believe will stay off. I really consider this more of a lifetime eating plan than a diet. I am moderately active but do not work out or exercise on a regular basis and am still able to maintain a steady weight loss without ever feeling hungry and I have no cravings. I have also lost 24.75 inches overall and have a lot more energy. It is wonderful to see my blood sugars in the low 90's and upper 80's rather than the 160's that originally started me on the quest for a healthy diet plan and to be able to fit into all the clothes that I thought never to wear again. I have bought 5 copies of this book for friends and family as gifts since I am convinced that it makes sense and is a healthy lifestyle. Can't wait to have my next blood work done in November to see how much my HbA1C and my lipid profile have improved.