View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-06, 00:00
Registered Member

Plan: paleo/m+e
Stats: 185/174/130 Female 174cms
BF:36%
Progress: 20%

Wow! For a doctor, this guy sure has NO idea... *sigh* Nothing annoys me more then misinformation. Anyway here are some of my comments (numbers corresponds with those in the article)

1 - Actually, as we all know, when carbs are removed from the diet, so are the cravings for them. Plus the protein fills you up so end-of-day eating/bingeing is less likely – this coming from someone previously Bulimic-NP, by the way...
2 - I love that he doesn’t mention this in context. I have hypoglycemia but eating low carb means I don’t get spikes/drops in my blood sugar levels like I used to!!! My BGL has never been so stable!
(People are meant to believe what this guy says? He cant even SPELL!!! – losing, not LOOsing!)
3 - Um, right. Eating something that boosts your blood sugar levels then makes them drop is meant to be good for exercise, but something which releases energy at a steady rate and helps build muscle is bad? Where the hell did this guy get his PhD??? By the way..."since the 1930’s"? Just a tad outdated!!!
4 - I’d sure as hell rather have stinky breath for a little while than be fat for the rest of my life!!! And what about all those people who are lactose intolerant, or celiacs? Are they meant to turn vegetarian?(let's not go there lol)
5 - Test anyone on these forums and you will see that ACTUALLY low carb tends to LOWER LDL levels. And while he is whingeing about having iron levels too high, I want to know what percentage of the worlds population is anemic(sp?) or mildly iron-deficient. My bet is it’s a far more significant figure!!!