#261   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-12, 17:09

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
My whole life I thought I was an "emotional eater". I joined Overeaters Anonymous, saw a therapist, joined a website devoted solely to curing emotional eating, to name but a few desperate measures. And all the time it was ****ing carbohydrates. Honestly, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sounds like me too. I was in OA for 3 years some 20 years ago, and while I learned a lot, I never had peace with food. It wasn't until I tried going wheat free (and sugar too of course) after reading the No Grain Diet by Joseph Mercola that I had real freedom from food cravings. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it back then.

I read Wheat Belly and after reading all the wonderful things going without wheat does for some people I was jealous because I haven't experienced them. It's also not true that wheat spikes everyone's blood sugar as severely as Dr. Davis suggests. I was reading the book while visiting my mom and brother and tested him with my glucometer before and after a eating wheat and his blood sugar actually went down a couple points. Shows the variation we can have.