#19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-14, 20:53
Registered Member

Plan: Wheat Belly / Atkins
Stats: 198/187/165 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Bit of a catch up:

Thanks NoWhammies - sorry must have missed your post. Funny - I don't have a formal diagnosis for celiac or any other allergies, so this is "voluntary" for me.
Funny too - had a Conference dinner - it was hardest to go without the cheesecake,,, but I knew that I really couldn't have any - after getting them to give me dinner without mashed potato and gravy

Well, was overtired and angry and marched into my friend's empty motel room - lent to me for my last night.... thank goodness, so I could sleep - what did I find, half a bag of potato chips and my favourite - half a bottle of sweet bubbly wine.

So, I tipped the remainder in a wine glass - took a gulp, then went outside (about midnight I arrived) and tipped out the potato chips on the grass (whoops can't quite trust that I would leave the packet alone once placed in room's rubbish bin), then took a 2nd look at the wine glass and biffed that out.

So, was pleased with my "away time" adventures, overall. Bit weird when I got home I noticed that it looked as though I put on 1kg approx over 2 days, once I arrived home again..... may have been the wine? or menstrual cycle? as I have been keeping to the good basics.

Funny - didn't really bother me too much, although I started writing down what I was eating... seems to have returned back to same weight today - so must be fluid or something.
Anyway, not too bothered as I figured out that I really do like this kind of eating plan - it feels really good overall.

Picked up hard copy books of Wheat Belly and WB recipe book and I got a book out on all kinds of foods, and have ordered additive books - I use my local library a lot.... but plan to buy the WB cookbook.

Also, bought a food processor yesterday and "new wheat free ingredients" for recipes, so I have a few more "good basics" on hand.... I have NOT cleaned out all flour etc, from my cupboards YET..... so still in transition, in terms of the rest of the family and recipes.

Read through that link Jenny - and yes, am registered to go - he speaks at the same time.. but it's great that I've now - liked the FB page and ensured am signed up for emails etc....

Just wondering about LC and wheat free - for breastfeeding mothers??? My daughter's got PCOS and is b/f her 7 week old bubs, I've invited her to the Nov 13 event but wondering if I'm best to just suggest wheat free and have carbs - e.g. rice and potato....