View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 20:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Speaking of biopsy, I don't know if we've discussed this topic before, but a biopsy runs the risk of spreading cancer by metastasis due to the fact that if the mass if cancerous and if it's contained within a sort of sealed tissue, a biopsy inevitably breaks this envelope thereby allowing whatever's inside to escape and reach other tissues.

Absolutely agree with everything you said!

Quote:
Either way, the risk is real and should be considered seriously before making a decision on biopsy. It's a similar principle as for colon cancer screening tests (with the big giant tube camera thingy) where the test itself can trigger an otherwise benign mass to become more active and virulent and then require aggressive treatment. That's a perfectly good idea if we're the ones making a buck on those ludicrously ridiculously ridiculous treatments, let alone the test itself.

Agree again but unfortunately as sick as I was, after getting a little better, I decided to weigh the risks and do the test and while they were there they took 3 biopsies to see what it was.
It turned out to look like cancer as far as identical cells duplicated in a small area but cancer was Neg which I do believe is as a result of low carb for almost 2+ years prior to that.

Funny though about eating fat to help starve cancer, it was like my body knew what I needed and I began craving lots of coconut oil in my coffee (which I never really added before) and while I couldn't eat much else, I lived on boiled whole chicken...fat and all, eggs and bacon for months on end. Just the thought of any high fiber veggies as well as most any other food was totally out.

You're totally right that Low-carb does help us in a Myriad of ways..