#3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 11:05

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardatha
Hi I'm new but I find that's where I'm heading. I tried general LC and it didn't work because I had to keep making myself eat stuff I didn't like when I wasn't hungry.
I found CAD and like it, have lost weight on it, am now finding that one meal is enough for me. I sometimes take an oatcake with soft cheese mid morning, - sometimes don't. And the main reward meal at teatime. And I have to admit I feel better for it.

Well that is great! I too occaisionally eat a second meal that is always low carb if I get hungry. Maybe 1 or 2 days a week do I need the second meal. Otherwise it is one meal a day and it always has carbs in it!

I have been doing some form of CAD/CALP for the last 9 months and how I slowly got to the one meal a day was when a gal who posts as LowcarbRachel left our CAD group and said she was going to follow Intermittent Fasting. I went over to a thread she had started on IF and thought I'd do both CAD and IF together so I cut out one of the CM's and actually got LESS hungry! Then I started talking with Oriana a bit more and she told me of a gal who does just the RM one hour a day who lost a lot of weight and I started chatting with her too via email and gave it a try.

Their advice was to get really full each day that way you are satisfied and not hungry at all the rest of the 23 hours. I have found it really works! I do not gorge and get sickly full (think Thanksgiving) but I do eat until I am comfortably full and my body signals it and it stays with me all day. I also found eating too early does make me get hungry later in the day so about midday is perfect for me. It actually works good for my work schedule as well which is 12 hour shifts (I am an RN at a hospital) but I only get 30 minutes plus I feel self conscious in front of others because I know they don't understand about getting your day's calories in one meal so it can seem like I am going overboard! LOL I remember Oriana saying "You have to take care of yourself!" and I know what she means! LOL

MIW