#24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 14:33

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1
My real question is with the 75-20 prescribed ratio. That is what I cannot maintain. Staying below 5% carbs is easy. For those doing Keto are you living by the 75-20 ratio?

I approach the protein sort of like the carbohydrate. So many grams per day to not go over. Right now I've been experimenting with all meat and dairy--only butter and cream for the dairy. That brings my carbs down below ten grams a day, just from cream and eggs. That allows me to increase my protein a little bit, but it's still usually below 80 grams a day.

I have a minimum of fat that I eat with my meals--a couple of ounces of butter to go with the meat or eggs--I need to do this out of self-defense, otherwise I might end up out of protein grams but hungry and end up having to eat straight fat or something. I never eat less than 2000 calories a day, at that level if I hit the 80 grams protein mark it'd be 16 percent protein.

When I first targeted a higher ratio ketogenic diet, I went all in and tried for 90 percent fat, a 4:1 ratio. Not easy to do casually. But once you've designed some meals, it's not too hard, either. So many grams of protein to most meats or in eggs, add so much fat (usually butter for me). Or knowing how much heavy whipping cream you'll need to whip to dip so many ounces of pork rinds in. A lot of soup made with spinach, cheese, butter and heavy cream. It doesn't take long on cronometer to design a meal.