View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 19:45

Plan: zone, sort of
Stats: 212/208/160
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Wow...

Wow, I was looking for this post to quote it for someone else here. I am amazed at the vitrolic response to someone who doesn't have a knee jerk positive response to Atkins. That is every bit as bad as people who dismiss low carb without thinking.

OK Kent, let's take a look at your points one by one:

1. It is NOT up to tomjackson to provide you with numbers and dates. He did mention in other posts that he was extremely happy with the way Atkins reduced the glucose level in a very short time. I don't recall the numbers he posted back then but it went from extremely bad to almost normal in a short few weeks. That's hardly the reports of someone out to "get Atkins."

2. Wrong again. These blood test results come back in a day, sometimes the same day. Also, he states clearly that this was the first test post-Atkins, not the first test ever. These tests are normally done every three months. There is NO reason to assume that he is lying about the results.

3. Lipitor is the number one drug these days for lowering bad cholesterol. It is more likely than not that Lipitor would be prescribed.

4. Doctor's vary in their opinions. He chose to quote what his doctor said. You quote only from those doctors who agree with you (and are trying to sell books and other products). Again, not agreeing with what you want to believe is NOT the same as being wrong. This is not a religion, Atkins and Eades are not Gods. Get a grip on reality.

What I see as happening here is simple. You have a blind faith in low carb and are willing to attack anyone who might present evidence that it doesn't always work the way you despartely want it too. I like the idea that tomjackson was kind enough to relate his experience to others. You can reject it or accept it, but to attack him for it is just flat-out hateful and sad.

Was tomjackson too quick to get off low carb? Probably. But my father died from diabetes-related heart disease. It is a natural response to diabetes to believe your own doctor rather than an Atkins fan club or anyone else pushing cures. Diabetes affects different people in different ways. There are no magical cures for diabetes, Atkins included.

I myself got nowhere with Atkins induction. Rather than give it up as tomjackson did, I modified it to be much more like Zone. Now, I'm getting the results I was looking for. Those good results happened in a week. Does that make me an infidel and liar too?