Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 12:03
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Just setting myself up for lifelong maintenance, dude. Lose weight? I can do that. I've always been able to do that. This much in a year? Well, no. But I've lost over 50 at least half a dozen times and as much as 90 pound before. The problem has always been staying there. I've been hanging out in some JudyNYC threads a lot lately and she sets the bar pretty high. It is "do or do not - there is no try (Yoda)". I'm still shooting for the 100% "do" part. When I get to where I'm going, I want to be very well versed in how I need to be eating everyday. Only then will I be reasonably sure that I can do something that I have never done before... Keep the weight off.

As far as I'm concerned Ken, you are there in your mindset. It really is about having a change of mind.
Until I came to this web site 11 yrs ago, it was always about being on a diet. So, I yo-yo'ed for years.
When I began to think, as you did, that it is more about how was I going to eat for the rest of my life than just being on another diet, did I then begin to make different choices. I also had to make some big changes in my life, like learning how to cook and stop using processed foods. No more ordering in!!

So, call it what you like A- or A+....you are there!!
If we want to change our life, we must first change our mind.