View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 13:27

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Since I started in Aug 2001 I have always been 'on Atkins'.. I must admit for around 9 months I did stay around 20 g, but then realised I lost quicker at around 30 g. I am still losing and now eat up to 50 g carbs a day. The level of carbs you eat very much depends on your own body. As you are only 16 I suspect that your body would like more carbs as you should be using up more energy in growing and everything else. So I would go to between 30 to 40 a day which you may find more satisfying. I do this by adding limited fruit into my menus. Check out my journal for my menus.

So your BMI is around 24.9. I think that that is still high for a male and would normally be under 20. This is a reasonable level for a women who needs extra body fat for child production!

With regard to polyols you can deduct these from the total carb level. You might want to know that Thorntons do a range of diabetic chocolate, as do Boots and some other shops which have reasonable carb levels. Becareful with these not to eat to much in one go and some people find they also act like a laxative.

You should not set a time limit to how long it will take you to lose weight. One of the things that this way of life teaches you are good food choices for life. I know that as soon as I go back to eating bread, sweets, cakes, etc without monitoring the no of carbs I will be eating and keeping them at a reasonable level I will put on weight. That does not mean you need to deny yourself, but need to think about controlling your eating habits when it comes to carb rich food.