View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/179/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I don't follow Weight Watchers but I looked at their new list of free foods and I am aghast. They include corn, beans and yogurt. They say, and Dr. Atkins said, that you can't overeat meat and eggs because the body gets satiated. It's fine to call those free foods. But anything with carbs triggers the body to crave more. It is so very easy to overdo it with beans and corn. I know because when I have tried them it has sabotaged my weight loss. Also, during my low carb weight loss, I have practically lived on plain yogurt with sugar twin. I count it a protein and I think of it is a real food even though it's rather high in carbs. I lose only about 1 lb. a week because of my refusal to give up dairy. I think Weight Watchers is going down the wrong road in saying these foods can be eaten in unlimited quantities. Or is there fine print, where they say it is limited to "reasonable" quantitites? Then they're off the hook.

Common sense tells all of us what foods we never ever gained weight from. In no one's universe are beans and corn non-fattening. They can be eaten occasionally as long as the overall food intake is low that day. Same with bread or pasta. They should be in the same category as bread and pasta, with points. But WW is calling them FREE (and thus non fattening) which they definitely are not.