View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 13:39

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks, once again, Janet, for the link. When I watched it, the quality of voice and video was not an issue, and lips moved with the correct words. Very encouraging that these types of discussions are taking place. We live in a world of pseudo science being developed for the sole purpose of protecting profits. This movement away from current medical practices toward an awareness of the power of nutrition started at the grass roots level and is now starting to transition into more of a mainstream awareness. It will take time and be painful, as there will be corporate and government interests fighting to protect their financial gains. Yet, for those who have developed this awareness today, the increasing awareness is becoming evident. I have seen members of my family start to eat clean by eliminating grains, starches, and sweets from their diets. Not only that, but the results inspire continuing this approach, as my daughter recently informed me that this is now her way of life. I have several acquaintances who have embarked on the same journey. Five years ago, when I became a very strict low carber, I didn't have evidence of these changes. Focusing on my own WOE/WOL was my objective, and I know that setting that type of example influenced some in a nonverbal way. Trying to sell at a personal level doesn't always work.

I'm still having problems understanding how my GP can continue to maintain the same flawed philosophy, but that will change over time as well. My role in this relationship is to ensure he does no harm, and if he insists on a treatment that I think is unfounded and/or unhealthy, maybe we can have a rational discussion. Things are changing and awareness is slowly increasing for the better, and I'll take that for now.