View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 09:30

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/130/130 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Good responses!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Atlee, thank you for taking the time to post such useful info. I have also been through those parts of Schwarzbein over and over trying to analyze my situation. Your time spent helping is not wasted. I really appreciate it. Here's where I am after a little more thinking and talking with my wife:

I've incorporated consistent exercise back into my schedule. This was the big area I was slacking in. I'm doing 30-45 minutes of aerobic at least 5 times a week now. I am still assuming for now that the stress is what is killing me. I think my intensity and fast pace keep me wired too much of the time. I know exercise is essential for someone like me. I will see how I feel after a few more weeks and then decide whether it is worth visiting the endocrinologist.

My wife thinks that perhaps I have been eating too few carbohydrates. (She also follows Schwarzbein). She says that with my fast metabolism, I might be eating too few (30-35 per meal). So I thought I might add a few more in and test out how I feel. Does this seem like a good idea? Schwarzbein says if you eat too few carbohydrates and you don't need to, it can raise your cortisol, right?

Atlee, yes - my son is 9 months old right now, and demands constant attention. He is very active. (But certainly worth it )

pmezak, I don't know much about eating for a blood type. Does anyone else have anything to verify the validity of this? I am type O+, I believe. Does wheat or dairy really affect this? I eat tons of Schwarzbein approved dairy and whole wheat. Also, I did have my thyroid checked when I had my cortisol tested. The doctor didn't mention the results. I can pick them up anytime though. I guess I'll find out soon.

I've also heard that blood testing is not necessarily the best for testing hormones. I heard that it is better to do salivary testing, where you test it multiple times over the course of a month. Supposedly this gives better results. Anyone know about Blood vs. Saliva testing?

Thanks!

--Timothy