View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 09:48

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/130/130 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the reply, atlee!

Tobacco/alcohol/caffeine: low to none. I never have caffeine, I never use tobacco, and I rarely have wine or beer.

Exercise infrequently. That went way downhill when we had our baby. We're trying to figure out how to fit consistent exercise back into the schedule. We'll go for like a week, then off for a week or two.

Sleep: I try to get 7-8. It was always 8 before the baby. Now it's usually 7. Sometimes 7.5. I wake up sometimes during the night and it's hard to get back to sleep.

I'm an intense person, so I really focus at work, but it's not a "high-stress" job really. If anything, I bring stress upon myself. I usually really like what I'm doing. But I feel like I might have a lot of subconscious stress from different factors in life without really thinking about it.

Exercise is admittedly the biggest weakness in my current life. I sit at a desk for most of the day and don't get out to move enough.

Does any of this help explain the low insulin::high blood sugar or the high cortisol? Should I be looking for lifestyle issues or gland/organ problems?

--Timothy