Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 22:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/211/160 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I lost and regained in excess of 50 pounds nearly a dozen times over 3 decades. Twice I lost more that 70 (and regained the loss plus more), once I lost 90 pounds (and then regained again), and this last time I lost 250 pounds. I regained some since reaching goal, but since I've made LCHF my permanent way of eating the bounce after goal was limited. I know that women can have some other issues (hormones, etc), but when I'm following a strict LC program I always lose. It was hard to lose the last 20 pounds on a diet in my 20's, it was hard again when I was 53. The closer to goal weight that I got the slower the weight came off and the more focused I needed to be to make the scale keep moving. It has never been as simple as "eat when hungry, stop when full" for me. My problem since reaching goal has been finding the will to put in the work to get this last 20 pounds back off. I'm still working on that.

Yeah I went from 310 to 210. When I got to 210 I was happy and I was excited to get down to 170. But when I got down to 210 while eating the same way I did to get down to 210, the next day I went up to 212 then i was up to 218 before I knew it and seemed to stabilize at that weight. And I just sort of spiraled into a carb frenzy due to frustration of stalling. My question is when you do have those final 20 pounds to go and the weight wont seem to budge what more can you do? I was drinking diet soda, eating spinach and pork or beef with butter and sugar free bbq sauce. All the carb counts were below 20 i'm sure but i just stopped losing. What could I have done differently to have been able to get down to 170 like i planned?