View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 12:21

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

first and foremost, let me send a bigggg hug!

here is my experience:
1. i have never been overweight medically- just in my own head. i lost a ton of weight, and then became severely underweight (due to a serious illness). I hit (and went WAY past) what i always imagined my "perfect weight" to be. AND......discovered suddenly i hated a crooked spot in my teeth in my smile, the way my eyes squint when i grin......a million other things....
I have really been working hard to learn to love myself, but no- weight loss didn't make me confident. it actually made me MORE unconfident.
Granted, i was never overweight and always was told i am very beautiful.....i simply hated my body, and then lost weight and discovered new things to hate about my physical appearance.

2. love, relationships, marriage
i agree on the advice to build an interesting life you LOVE. you have nothing to lose.
but when the right person comes along, your appearance will not matter. it's YOU that will matter.
i was always very popular with men, had fun dating, had more dates than i could keep up with. i was tired! along came my fiance......he is completely opposite what i valued physically (he is several inches shorter, i hated his peirced ears, his clothes are WAY too big......). And from the start, i was head over heels for him. He is the most amazing Prince Charming I could ever dream of, and i am so lucky to become his wife.

With that said, we met, because i was doing fun things to enjoy life as a single person (had short marriage in my late twenties). I was having SO much fun, i had to consider, do i want to give this up to see if things work with this guy? I was nervous....but obviously, it was best decision i ever made.

hang in- sign up for something FUN! i recommend meetup .com
it has endless social groups in loads of areas- everything from skiing to winetasting to hiking, etc.... it is NOT a dating site, it is to meet new friends with similar interests. this makes it way less stressful than a dating site.....
and either eay, you enjoy a day out- and might make a friend, romantic or platonic.......