#17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-15, 12:57

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
In her case, after reaching goals of a healthy weight and being certified as a Cross-Fit trainer, then being asked to "leave that tribe", she just stopped exercising. Completely. She is also offered a cookbook deal, and while creating new LC recipes, she is instead eating more and more "bad meals". As Gretchen Rubin wrote, goals are tricky things, there needs to be another reason beyond that one goal once reached. Even someone with a gym in her garage and writing a LC cookbook could regain 60-100 pounds once the Cross-Fit was taken from her and the deal inked. She had a fragile hold on all the health and wellness she had achieved.

About exercise, Dr Hallberg, an exercise physiologist before becoming an obesity doctor, said in her interview that for most of her patients who do arrive with hip, knee and back pain, she considers exercise "dangerous". They do no exercise until they are ready, and then only 5 minutes a day. That part at the 20 minute mark. This blogger's regain was so rapid I wonder about stress on her joints and back, but if you don't have any, then exercise like Ken. Walking is great...Just not a fan of Cross-Fit at this point...another all or nothing approach...plus with an exact goal weight on an exact date...her birthday in one year. Seems she is set to repeat a pattern.

I think it's amazing anyone can lose like that along with such an intense exercise program. I find it impossible and overtrain at the drop of a hat, especially if I am losing. But I know for some people that is what "works". But, yeah, it's probably completely unsustainable. I think if it felt good for her, though, maybe it is the way? People's bodies are so different.