View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 12:19

Plan: No white
Stats: 153/142/126 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I originally started this post and I guess I should update those who come in to read it.

Well first off I tore my ACL playing dodgeball, so I no longer am running, I'm sitting my injured behind on the couch until surgery comes around... oh joy.

However I have very good news to report:
1) Running & Low-Carb
- While extremely difficult at first (2-3 weeks) I was pleasantly surprised to see my running get exceptionally better with a low carb diet. In the 45 days I was able to keep strictly under 40 g each day all while running 5x/day - 30 miles/week. I gained about 30 sec PER MILE! That's insane in just a 30 day span.

2) Low Carb Training & Losing weight
- To those out there like me who wanted to get that extra training weight I seem to gain off which was my original reason to go LC, well the running didnt help much. [~grinch031 you sound exactly like me when you said: "I tend to gain 5-10 lbs when training for a race because I am a carb addict and overcompensate because of added hunger. But this time I'm trying to go low-carb and run a marathon, but I have about 5 months to adapt to it and train."]
I gained about 15 pounds over the span of 2 years in my marathon training because of the extra hunger and "carb loading" and the LC diet did not help me to lose an oz of weight (but I did lose .5 inch in size).
Ironically now that I'm bound to the couch, and stuck with the diet, I''ve lost 12 lbs! Craziness. I know I'm eating WAY less, but it's still a mind trip to think NOT burning my normal 3,000+ calories a week would AID in wieghtloss not detour it.

Anyway, my point is that LC really makes me feel GREAT! I never feel heavy or bloated. My running was awesome on it - though i would use blocks past 60min runs. I can't wait to get back on my feet and start running LC again. Good Luck all. Hope this long-winded reply helped someone.