#5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-18, 08:47

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I sincerely hope that Dr. Lunberg continues to stay on message and influences some change in the medical community. The following statement is a sad indictment of the scientific and medical communities (bold sections added by me):

The worst part is that we've got hallowed institutions like Harvard employing people like Willett who will argue with Taubes' findings for the purpose of pushing an anti-meat, anti-saturated fat agenda. Harvard still has credibility to many, and these contentions are bought by the masses who believe whatever these credentialed and precise epidemiologists say.

We even see it here on the forum and other such places where people have dared to put their feet in the waters of alternative ways of eating and then one stupid headline appears and they are thrown, "coconut oil is poison", "saturated fat will kill you", "red meat gives you cancer", "low carb will shorten your lifespan", "a plant based diet is the healthiest way to eat" and on and on and on. And like scared rabbits they run back to the insidious and ubiquitous truly poisonous advice that got them into this predicament in the first place. I am glad that there are doctors getting on the bandwagon but even better are people who take the responsibility for their health into their own hands and minimize or even eliminate their need for a doctor except in acute situations. Time we took the doctors from their pedestals.