View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 03:57

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I’ll bet Dr. Oz doesn’t eat much bread. About once a month I seem to find myself at a banquet type function (wedding, fundraiser, kids’ award dinner, etc). Since embracing a low carb diet I’ve become very observant of how the thin people seated at my table eat. One thing I’ve noticed over and over is that they typically don’t eat their roll. Whether it’s a conscious decision or their thinness is the natural outcome of a distaste for bread, I can’t say. What I can say is that the correlation between thinness and less bread is real.

As far as the claim in the video that still fat Americans are eating less bread I suspect it has to do with the increase in Hispanic cuisine and convenience foods and nothing to do with a perception that bread is bad among the general public. Growing up, we had burgers and dogs once a week; my kids have taco Tuesday. Also, where I was eating peanut butter sandwiches for a quick, cheap lunch, my kids are more likely to microwave chicken nuggets. What the guy in the Dr. Oz video overlooks is America’s increased consumption of nachos and tortillas.