Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/120/115 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 80%

OK y'all I think I solved my problem. After sticking to the diet...I mean WOE for 3 weeks I was still having Keto Flulike symptoms. More...er...adequate water wasn't helping.
After reading many past threads here I realized I needed to up my electrolytes big time. At first I was concerned about getting too much. I decided on a plan and put it into action and I feel much better all ready.
Yesterday I bought No Salt made by French's and Epson salts. I added some Epson salts (2 handfuls) to a foot soak. I measured out 1/4 tsp of the No Salt (640 mg) and used it a little at a time over the day. I also used about 1/4 tsp table salt and ate some salty cheese. So that covered three of my electrolytes.
I made myself a sports drink out of some Celestial Seasons Wild Berry herbal tea with some sucralose and some No Salt and NaCl.
I was able to do a nice walk with a couple hills with no stopping because my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would come out of my chest.
I am so happy I feel better because I was contemplating going off the plan.
Thank you to all the previous posters who made my education possible. Especially the self-appointed Magnesium advocate.