View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 10:41
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Besides diet, what was the one major thing that helped contribute to your weight loss and helps in maintaining that loss?

This is going to sound corny, but this forum. I belong here now, I've got friends, it's home. I have such good friends, I would post here even if I was off plan. The thing is, it's tougher to stay off plan when you are here everyday talking with people that are working their plan. It keeps me focused. I can't forget how important it is to lose weight or maintain my loss when I read about the pain others are going through or read about the joy someone feels in exercising or fitting into a new size pant.

There is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time to create the opportunity for success. I've really found this for myself. I've had times this past year where I was making bad food choices and could easily have returned to my old ways. However, I kept posting here because of the community of friends I have, and being here, I couldn't ignore what damage I was doing to myself. It made it much easier to get back on track.

Val