View Single Post
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-16, 15:35

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had already reluctantly abandoned my Plan A to drive over to Clun and do one of the 3 outstanding (as in, I haven't done them yet) walks from the book. Plan B was to join 2 shorter walks from here into an 8-miler, but even that bit the dust when it was clear I would be doing it in a monsoon. I found my way to the top of the golf course, and eventually the correct route down to the next valley, but things were a little fuzzy up there,because of all the water on the brain. On reaching the valley floor I decided not to go on to the next valley but to return to the start by a different, lower route. This turned out to be very pretty.

As the cafe was half an hour from opening I decided the best thing would be to drive to another town for coffee with the heating on full blast. I was only slightly damp when I got there, so I wandered about under a golf umbrella. It never really stopped raining so I did not pay a visit to the priory ruins.

After my friends had had lunch, we all went through the woods over to Carding Mill valley and did a walk similar to mine of Saturday. It was warm and almost dry throughout.