#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-13, 05:25
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Ready-meal ideas in Aust

Hi all, I hope this thread isn't a duplicate -- I did search for this but didn't find anything.

I'm aware there are more lc ready-meal options available in other countries, but not so much in Aust. We have lc options, but not really in the shape of a full meal.

My life is flat out right now, and trying to pre-make meals on a weekend for the week just isn't happening anymore. So instead of continuing to wait until I have time to pre-make a week of meals, I'm trying to find ready-meal options (or pretty close to ready-made).

These are my suggestions so far:
  • pre-made Caesar Salad from supermarkets (leave out the croutons)
  • can of Stagg Chili (only half at a time)
  • half packet of Slim Pasta with a lc pasta sauce (the pasta comes pre-cooked so it's akin to cup-a-noodles where you just add hot water)
  • a serving of a protein powder shaken with water/milk/cream
  • a tub of Tabbouleh (careful of the brand - some have wheat products and others don't). Can add a tin of tuna for variety
  • store-bought Charcoal Chicken sans stuffing with a green salad
  • St Dalfour Fish Gourmet Salmon with vegies (skip the potatoes) avail from supermarkets
  • Labrada ready-to-drink protein drink

I'm going to give a protein bar for breakfast a shot - but if I find I'm hungry afterwards I'll drop it.

Fingers crossed I can manage to eat healthy (healthIER at least - I believe whole foods are always the best) even though life is out of control right now.
Sponsored Links