#14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 14:38

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
In NANY, there is an insert box that gives guidelines on fat...titled "Savor Not Smother" which gave some amounts.

But the % of fat is not fixed, unlike the now popular Keto Calculators you will see elsewhere that list 70-75% fat.

You do NOT Eat that amount IF you are trying to lose weight. You want fat to come from your Body Stores, and should eat dietary fat only "to satiety" ... just the amount of fat (and total food for that matter) you need to avoid hunger on this diet. I was a patient of Dr Westman, an author of NANY, and that wasn't clear to me until I saw him some time after starting the diet in that book.

Phinney and Volek also have great visuals about how it should work by phases and the typical % of both body and dietary fat.

Here are the graphs from Art and Science of LC Living and the Adapt website, both good resources, within an EXCELLENT article on the topic, Don't Force the Fat from LowCarb RN. Keep it simple to start, you don't need to track anything, Kelley has good links to other sites on that topic.

https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com/201...-force-the-fat/

Thank you for the link!!!

It makes perfect sense. I have been gaining and losing the same pounds over and over. I have a lot to lose and have been eating 100g or so of fat. Maybe thats my problem....

Thanks