Thread: Forskolin
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 08:07

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

It's 'supposed' to enhance thyroid, but...um...all they really 'studied' was TSH (and TSH, in any normal human being, goes up and down three whole POINTS in any given day...and is why it should not be used as a measurement of thyroid hormones).

Studies doing T4, T3 (or FT4, FT3) showed no remarkable changes whatsoever. So, claims (in ads for a product that includes it on bodybuilding websites, sigh) that it 'ups metabolism by enhancing thyroid'. Um. Ok. I take T4 and T3 (as well as T1 and T2) to enhance MY hormones which are replaced well.

It also 'claims' to lower IgE (I have a rare allergic disorder in which my IgE is 2200 times the normal) but didn't work for me in 15 months.

It IS showing some hope in the glaucoma studies though. So, that's a good thing.

I just have to remember when sites first started saying L Carnitine 'raises the metabolism' I was very startled (having seen a study done on hyPERthyroidism where L Carnitine was given to slow the thyroid and it worked well). Each to their own I suppose.