View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-14, 10:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 450/445/200 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default Super low carb Mexican dish: Red Chili Steak (spicy).

Hey Guys,

Mexican food has a stigma of being starchy, and high on glucose due to the fact that when we drive down the street all we see are signs for "tacos & burritos." But growing up in a Mexican household, I have been around some true authentic Mexican platters, that require ingredients with very low carb counts. I have tweaked a few dishes to make then extremely low on carb and high on protein, and I will be posting them here every other day. Here is my take on a red chili steak meal that is perfect for any phase of your low carb journey.

2-3 lbs of thin sliced beef sirloin steak
Salt & pepper.
Adobo seasoning or chicken flavored seasoning.
1 clove of garlic
3-4 dried Chile de Arbol chiles(Japanese/japoneses red chilies can be used for less heat).
1 dried Guajillo or Califonia chili
1 roma tomato (less carbs then plump).
Cilantro
Monterrey cheese.
1 cup of cauliflower

This is a super easy to make meal.

Slice the roma tomato in half and place in a pot an set to boil. On a skillet place the garlic, and chilies and bring them to a toast. Be careful not to burn the chilies, or might find yourself coughing from the aroma. Next, place the chili's and garlic in a blender, and add a half cup of hot water and let them soak. While the tomato boils, slice the steak in strips, and place the meat in the same skillet with about 2 ounces of olive oil. Let some of the juices begin to simmer, then add seasoning to taste. I prefer Adobo seasoning, and a tad of salt and pepper, but you can use chicken cubes or powder. While the meat browns, drain the tomato in a strainer, then place it in the blender as well. Add a pinch of salt and blend/purify(expect a great aroma :-D). Once the meat is seared and the juices are almost evaporated, add the blended mixture and the cauliflower. Thereafter, place a lid on the skillet, lower the flame, and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. This serves 2-3 people. More or less, depends on how much you can chow down :-). Plate in a bowl, then top with cilantro and Monterrey cheese to taste.

I've calculated that the whole dish is near 4.7g-5g NET carbs.

Split between 2-3 people, you're looking at about 2g NET carbs each.

Very tasty, very filling, and very low carb.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links