Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 21:22
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZ
No one stepped in because it's not ridiculous. My wife is 5'5" and weighs 100 lbs. and I can assure you that she is neither underweight nor anorexic. She eats like a truck driver--at dinner we evenly split 3 pounds of meat without difficulty. She was 105, and after eating VLC for a year (for health), dropped down to 100 and stayed there. It does depends on frame size, but barring an unusual disorder, as long as she (Fauve, that is) eats enough fat and protein she'll never be underweight. And if 105 happens to be underweight for her, she'll never achieve it anyway.

I happen to think that most of the goal weights here are set are too high, but I can understand wanting to set incremental goals for motivational purposes.

Just so you know, if your wife is a grown woman who is indeed 100 pounds at 5'5 and healthy, she is most definitely an anatomical anomoly. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm just saying it's really, really rare to the point of being pointless to the discussion. Especially when we have established Fauve's high weight is 195, implying she is NOT a tiny girl by design.

The vast majority of women who are 5'5 in height would be infertile, sickly, underweight and likely starved or afflicted with some kind of wasting disease to weigh 100 lbs. Again, this is a BMI of 16.6. That is an anorexic weight.

Fauve is counting calories. She is not eating ad lib. Therefore, she has the control to make her body the weight it's going to be. When you restrict intake, your weight is limited only by how little you eat. While I think she should go for the weight she wants to be (if 125 was a comfortable weight for you - try for it!) she should not be advised to aim for an underweight size.

It is irresponsible and frankly it scares me that so many in this thread are encouraging such actions. THen again, considering the thread I'm in... really it doesnt.
Going back to lurking now.