#811   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 21:07

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
I didn't respond earlier because I thought someone else would step in to correct that ridiculous statement. 95-105 pounds is considerably underweight for someone 5'3. 95 pounds is a BMI of 16, which is lower than the thresshold of anorexia. Even 105 pounds at 5'3 is still underweight. Your goal weight is slightly overweight, but it isa more realistic and healthy weight for you than 95-105.

No one stepped in because it's not ridiculous. My wife is 5'5" and weighs 100 lbs. and I can assure you that she is neither underweight nor anorexic. She eats like a truck driver--at dinner we evenly split 3 pounds of meat without difficulty. She can also eat an entire 5 pound chicken. (Sorry, I like to brag about her) She was 105, and after eating VLC for a year (for health), dropped down to 100 and stayed there. It does depends on frame size, but barring an unusual disorder, as long as she (Fauve, that is) eats enough fat and protein she'll never be underweight. And if 105 happens to be underweight for her, she'll never achieve it anyway.

I happen to think that most of the goal weights here are set are too high, but I can understand wanting to set incremental goals for motivational purposes.
Sponsored Links