#7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: Loosely Atkins Diet
Stats: 272/253/220 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Good luck

Hope it goes well. Thanks for the noodle info. I thought I was getting a good deal, but sounds like even in small quantities, you are paying less than me. I will reach out to them about the distributor. Thanks for that.

I'm starting to understand why Asians seem to live the longest and most are fairly thin. Asian food is the natural gravitation of a low carber, sans the excess rice and noodles. Then again, the shiitaki noodles aren't a "specialty food" for them, so they must use them as well.

I tried a Hot and Sour soup recipe, but it called for a lot of cornstarch (would be 7 carbs per serving just for the cornstarch). I will give that to my parents, as I just wanted to taste it to see how good the base recipe is. I always like to try the original recipe first to see just how good it it before altering it. I then have something to compare my altered versions to. I want to kick every person alive that heavily modifies a posted recipe and then make even one complaint about texture, taste, etc.

I will try it again with a little xantham gum and leave it on the stove more to reduce it a bit. If it turns out well, I will post the recipe and some pics. I realized the main ingredients are chicken broth (great low carb base), shiitaki mushrooms and others (almost no carbs if any), tofu (almost no carbs and 10g protein per 1/2 cup), pork loin (no carbs and high protein), as well as miscellaneous low/no carb sauces and oils.

Will try one doubling or tripling tofu and pork, as it could be a really high protein, low carb meal if done right.