#105   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-15, 07:20
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Did you ever have such a jam packed weekend that it feels as if you didn't have a weekend at all? I just had that. Maybe it was because I was up and out of the house before 8AM both Saturday and Sunday. My two day slug fest never got off the ground.

Saturday was breakfast in Culpeper with the girls. We meet about every 5 to 6 weeks over breakfast and just gab ourselves to distraction. We are just the gals to do it too! The are colleagues of mine with whom we've formed a fast friendship. I've dubbed us The Breakfast Club but, sadly, it will come to an end as we know it in September when one of our group will be retiring (that's a good thing!) and immediately moving to Tennessee to help out a son and daughter with their new baby. That's sad for us and good for them. It will leave a hole for us, that's for sure! We have one more gathering before she goes. It will be a blubberfest of tears, let me tell you. Anyway, I was out of the house by 7AM on Saturday which was brutal.

Friday I was out the door at the same time because the interviews started promptly at 8 AM. Ugh. It was a marathon of interviews, presentations, and discussions and ratings. Nonstop. We didn't adjourn until almost 6 PM and I was flat out beat when I got home. It's hard work being attentive for hours on end. The outcome was my former boss was well in the lead and without prejudice on our part. He flat out was the best candidate, best interviewee, and had absolutely the best presentation. I breathed a great sigh of relief, let me tell you. When it's official, I'll breathe easier.

So Friday was exhausting followed by Saturday which followed suit and then came Sunday and a trip south 3 hours to our former church for homecoming. We were on the road just before 8AM. It was splendid and so memorable but once again we dragged home last night void of energy. When this morning rolled around I longed to laze around for a bit as I enjoyed my coffee. Not so for Monday. I'll survive but my whiner is in full bore mode.

I didn't gain gobs of weight with all the festivities. That's a plus. During our working lunch on Friday I had a catered chef salad that must have had some additive in it that puffed me up 2 pounds on Saturday. I was able to lose it. I guess I'm just extremely sensitive to prepared foods, even salads, away from home. That stinks for sure.

Today is my boss' last Monday before retirement. I really am happy for her but I'll miss our talks and chit chat. She has confirmed that we will remain friends and will meet for lunch and wine regularly. I hope so.

Okay...I have to earn my keep. Y'all have a great Monday as I whine my way through it.

Later 'gators.