#5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-11-15, 05:55

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuatara
choices about eating and drinking were high-jacked away from him, right inside his brain.

That's a perfect description of what happens to us on the standard high carb diet. So happy for you being off that rollercoaster.

I experienced the same startling revelation as you when I went low carb and no longer wanted to stuff food into my mouth all day every day. I always thought I was weak-willed and then found out it had nothing to do with willpower whatsoever!

It still makes me angry to think about all those decades of manipulation by a food industry that always knew darn well it was hooking us on carbs - and even angrier at the wrong advice from medical, nutritional, and governmental agencies who are paid to protect us and did nothing.

It breaks my heart to see fat, sick people where I work who think they are "greedy" or "weak-willed". They've either given up the fight and eat uncontrollably or they valiantly try, and fail, to white-knuckle their hunger for the rest of the day after a healthywholegrain morning bagel.