View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 14:27

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

All this said, I think there is a real problem with fat people being seen as invisible. I can't tell you how many times I've been interrupted, brushed off, or doors slammed as I'm approaching, or my personal favorite - almost being pushed aside as I approach a door (someone hurrying in front of me to squeeze through first - as though I will get stuck in the door and they will NEVER make it through - OH NO!!!!).

Maybe I'm sensitive to it being a weight thing - however, I can tell you, when I was of a lighter weight (upper 100s), a LOT more doors were held open for me. Literally.

I can tell a truly sensitive mannerly person by the way they treat me. Myself, I treat everyone the same. At work, whether they are at my level or not (I'm high up corporately but work at a smaller store where most are entry level employees)for example, I engage with everyone equally - ask about their children, speak pleasantly to everyone, listen as they speak, and hold open doors (even for men) because it's GOOD MANNERS. I have not gotten the same treatment in return.

People are very dismissive of overweight individuals IMO.