View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 15:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/177/168
BF:
Progress: 25%

Interesting.....but why is it then that China,for example, has the least amount of obesity in the world and their diet is based on carbohydrates? And on the show Survivor....when all they eat is rice for a month and a half, why do they lose weight?

For me the problem seems quite clear. High fat and high refined carbs together are the problem. Low fat and low refined carb is the solution. Yes, it takes longer to lose weight this way but it is healthier in the long run.

People believe what they want to believe. Dr. Atkins has capitalized on this concept, by telling you that you can lose weight rapidly while still remaining healthy. The inevitable truth however, is that there are no shortcuts in life that don't stiff you one way or another in the long run. Maybe it's a cliche, but it's one I subscribe to due to the cyclical nature of ourselves and our planet. What comes around goes around.

I believe that a carbohydrate based diet, with low fat, will result in a lean physique as long as there is some activity involved in the person's life.

By the way, has anyone attempted switching from Atkins to a low fat diet? What were the results?