#6   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 08:09

Plan: low carb - high fat
Stats: 270/236/185 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
It seems odd that you have little plaque and yet plaque "broke free". You must have some plaque or that would not have happened.

Oh, i agree. Just stating that there wasn't much (as per the doctors). That in itself is slightly frightening as I would/ have always assumed that it is the person with large amounts of plaque that would have this issue. The release documentation from the hospital listed the amount of plaque as minimal...whatever % that means.

I am scientifically just fine with increased fats. My concerns begin with my diet type and the medicines that I have been prescribed. I walk daily about 2 miles a day. My carb count typically is under 30 grams a day. I did stop most exercise over the last winter due to the cold, but picked it back up about a month ago. I also slacked off my low carb eating for about 5 months and it really was noticeable... I gained 20-25 lbs.

I just d/l gary Taubes Audiobooks and will listen to them this week while walking (t/y).

I eat a 2 egg omelet with 1 oz of colby jack cheese (and 2 small sausages heated in butter) for breakfast.
Lunch is either a chicken breast sliced thin and ranch dressing, or a chicken breast salad (lettuce and cheese) with ranch dressing.
Supper changes, but I usually eat a giant bowl of broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans, and finish with a chicken breast, hamburger, or steak.
I only drink water and probably 100-120 oz a day.

I am most curious to see if my eating habits make my doctor reconsider some of the medicines that I have been given. Are my numbers deserving of such items, or am i just taking them because this is what you are given after this medical situation.

Thanks again for your inputs and ideas...allows me to see things from a different view sometimes.