View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 06:24

Plan: low carb - high fat
Stats: 270/236/185 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I guess that is my question.... work on those numbers in what way? My interpretation is to increase my HDLP (good cholesterol) to raise the ratio when compared to CHOL/HDLP. But, how does that really help?

Is there a specific way that is recommended to increase your HDLP? Are we talking a teaspoon of coconut oil a day? Or is this more complicated than that?

My stent was somehow due to the fact that my artery kicked loose some plaque and it became a nice anchor for some platelets to grab ahold of and cause some problems. Oddly, the surgeons stated that my arteries looked good, very mild plaque...no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, and no diabetes.

From some previous studying, I always thought that this issue was more of a inflammation issue and not a cholesterol issue. Reduce the inflammations by eating better/ more of the right fats (Omega 3's, etc). Reduce the inflammations by eliminating the bad carbs (sugars and wheat).

Does anyone know or understand the process of plaque breaking free? Why or how does it happen? Is there something that is recommended to reduce the chances or stop it from occurring again?