View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 05:29

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi Nate, I've not worried about a few hours not refrigerated and I'm still here. Another LC tip..the sliced deli meats, cheese and cut vegetables often at lunch/salad bar. sometimes cheese is at tea if that is served an afternoon snack and as dessert at dinner. Snag them for future

When arrive, have your mini-fridge cleaned out of all booze and soda, and use to keep your LC foods somewhat chilled. They never seem as cold as a real fridge, but it will do for cheese, HB eggs, cooked bacon, veg. I refuse to drag food to a cruise, of all things room service breakfast is a great idea. Also Get your waiter on your side, tell him your needs first day. Many lines offer a "classic menu" at dinner...don't like what is on offer? Then usually steak, salmon and chicken are available, ask for extra butter. (The funniest one for us is always the bread basket...we ask for it to be removed, and numerous wait staff of all ranks will rush over to give us another, sometimes reacting with concern when we say no bread but bring more butter)

Diabetic or not, if you stay VLC (are you still at 20g like the clinic diet? that is no nuts, but small servings for travel do help) and eat a large breakfast, you may find you don't need snacks for BG control since you are not on meds. Try it at home before you go, first only 3 meals no snacks, then two meals no snacks in a contracted eating window, or a large bacon/egg breakfast and large dinner, no lunch. And enjoy your cruise, a lack of food is not a worry! Really