View Single Post
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

I have lost 110 pounds and been maintaining now for over a year. The fist year I lost seventy pounds, thirty pounds the next and ten the nex. I have had two stalls which each lasted about six months each.

I am 52 years old and have never maintained a weight loss before in my life.

The stalls have not bothered me because when I made the decision this was a way of life and not a diet it was not longer a race. Slow and steady wins out over fast and furious every time.

I would still like to drop another ten pounds or so. Fixated on the fact that I still weigh more than the doctors charts say I should for my height of 5'6".

However, when I look around at all the fifty something women I know, I look better than most, and I look good and feel attractive for the first time in my life. Other times when I lost weight I did not feel attractive and the weight loss never lasted.

Having a positive self esteem, and doing this for me, and only me has made much of the difference.

I just want all those with 100 plus pounds to lose to know that if I could lose 100+ pounds at the age of 50+ then you can too! It all starts with attitude, and belief in yourself and doing it for yourself, not to get someone else to approve of you.

Do it for yourself, not your mother, not some significant other/spouse, not your doctor. Do it for yourself.

Take it one day at a time. Take it one pound at a time. Accept the fact that this is for life, and you just have to get through one meal at a time.
If you make a mistake, then don't beat yourself up about it. You can get back on track with the next meal.

Anyway, I will get off my soapbox. Feel free to check my gallery if you would like to see how 100+ pounds of weight loss can change your life. I have had people ask me if my before picture was really me. Well it was, and all I can say is NEVER AGAIN.

This forum is a wonderful support network for people at all phases of this plan, the beginning, ongoing, and after. I love the support from those like me who have accomplished much. I love the inspiration I can provide to those just starting out. I enjoy motivating those in the middle to keep going in spite of the stall, they will break through if they hang in there.

God bless you all.
Karen