View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-11, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%
Default Was described as "elite athlete" - as if!

Ok there, experienced weight trainers, heres my deal. My freind who works in the same building invited me to push each other-twice a day we meet downstairs and lift- in work clothes, yes, just a couple of exercises, not enough to get sweaty (tho I DO put on a 'glow'). hes thrilled because skinny boy is finally getting some arm and chest definition, and Im enjoying the metabolism boost and yah, feeling strong again. We started benching, a terrific all over upper body thing, and worked me up to 120 pounds-8 reps, I always start at 8, and work my way to ten.

Heres the thing: he told his trainer, who was STUNNED. actually referred to me being in a class of "elite athletes". Yah, tell it to the BMI charts and my protruding belly, you know? To me, I feel the number is relative, its me challenging myself, theres no point in comparing myself to others. But now.. Im curious. I have no idea where to even find such comparison numbers. There was a time I thought I would like to get into body building, and if it seems like Im one of those people who put on muscle easily, maybe its something I would like to pursue.

heres generally where I am (Really havent switched it up much since we started 14 weeks ago. ) Everything is 8-9 reps, and working up to ten at these weights.

bench: 120
Overhead press 70 (nautilus)
Lat Pulldown, 110 (nautilus)
Bis-30, dumbell or bar
tris-15 each or 30 overhead
flys-17
Hamstring (nautilus)35 ea
Quad (nautilus) 80 together, 50 each leg.

My freind (6'2 and rides his bike everywhere) is shocked that my leg numbers are the same as his. I dont have a clue-maybe this is something that I would be good at. What do YOU folks think? SHould I invest in a trainer and see what they can do with me? ive been mostly doing it to enhance my LC and fat loss.
Sponsored Links