#7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 08:43

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
You are right, your morning coconut oil might throw off your lipids. And as JEY suggests, your ongoing weight loss may throw them off even more (my lipids dropped immediately when starting LC but people react differently).

My question is: what will you do if blood lipids are "through the roof"? Will you conclude LC is unhealthy? Will you quit it or will you be able to maintain your composure and be comfortable with the fact that your lipids may be high while you are actively losing weight?

Have you read Ken's journal of his high lipids and how/when they finally came down?

I googled CAC test + Tucson AZ and here is what I got:

https://www.radltd.com/exams/ct-score-tucson-az/

It may not be covered by your insurance, it may be more expensive than blood tests, but it appears to be available.

I will stick with what I am doing regardless, I'm just curious to know. I try to eat salmon and avocados every week so I'm hoping that's helping my good cholesterol.

I really don't have much choice here, I mean, I'm down over 40 pounds and my blood sugars have normalized, and I doubt that going back to my old WOE would "improve" my situation

Ya I already contacted Radiology LTD and they won't do it without a prescription. My PCP said a cardiologist would have to order it and that could get quite pricey, (I have a $6,000 deductible), and then no guarantee that the cardiologist would even prescribe the CAC. There is a hospital in Phoenix, Abrazo Heart Hospital, that plans to start offering screenings in January. I've been in contact with the Medical Imaging Supervisor who says he'll notify me as soon as the program starts.