View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 07:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I responded to his blog and he actually answered me!! I'm shocked!! and very pleased at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy
Excellent post Tom!!

I am a successful maintainer having lost 118 lbs and keeping it off for almost 2 yrs now. I'm also part of the NWCR.

You make very valid points.....and I do need to do better in a few areas myself. But I do not closely track all my calories and do pay close attention to certain levels of carbohydrates(fruit and starches) that I eat each day as I follow the SBD. I know that I need to track my fats better than I have been.

Thanks...and I think that you are brilliant!!

Posted by: Judy K | June 23, 2007 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Venuto
judy, congrats on being a successful maintainer!

I find that people do not need to closely track calories after reaching ideal weight, but I notice without a doubt that more successful maintainers DO track during the fat loss phase and I would attribute much of their success to this practice.

In fact, although the research statistics say that people who do some type of "maintenance program" have better long term success rates, I would say it is a worthy objective that once into lifelong maintenance phase, that it is better NOT to have to track everything... at this point, you have hopefully passed through the conscious phases of learning and into "unconscious competence" where habits such as tracking portion sizes have become unconscious and automatic

Before you reach your goal and ultimately, become unconscious competent however, there is no better tool for learning and accountability than tracking and journaling

my very best to you,

Posted by: Tom Venuto | June 23, 2007 11:52 AM

OMG...How cool is this?! He actually responded to me in his comments!! To me....this is very, very cool!!

and yes, I must be unconscious competent...very unconscious