#19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 157.5/146/135
BF:31%/?
Progress: 51%

Hello Lisa N,

Take it as you like.Say what you want. I'm losing weight ,I'm motivated. I'm excerising. I believe what I believe, You believe what you believe.
Yes, I agree not all people are alike but for those who are not Average who can go up the carb scale and still be losing weight and show ketosis. They need to learn.

This is right out of the Atkins book. ( my pg.228 )

WHAT IF I'M NOT AVERAGE?

IF YOU CAN GO UP TO 50 OR 60 GMS OF CARBS A DAY AND STILL BE LOSING WEIGHT AND SHOWING KETOSIS, THEN YOU HAVE A FAIRLY LOW LEVEL OF METABOLIC RESISTANCE. IN ALL PROBABILITY YOU WEREN'T AT ALL THAT OVERWEIGHT, AND STAYING PERMANENTLY SLIM ON THE ATKINS MAINTENANE DIET IS GOING TO BE A BREEZE FOR YOU. YOU'RE A PERSON WHO'S GOING TO BE ABLE TO EAT TWO SALADS, TWO HELPINGS OF VEGTABLES, AND PERHAPS A FRUIT DAILY AND STILL REMAIN AT A STABLE WEIGHT. IF YOUR CAREFUL, AND YOU FIND YOU DON'T GO INTO A WEIGHT-GAINING SPIRAL, YOU MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO HAVE AN OCCASIONAL POTATO AND SOME WILD RICE.

I believe I'm not average, and there are others just like me, but we must learn how to make the right choices, just like you. (although we may have more) What works for me may not work for you but were still suppose to be in this all together. Just wish luck and ask for updates to see how were doing