View Single Post
  #61   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 17:07

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Well, I was 34.5 (and that estimate is hardly accurate) which puts me close to the cusp between Cat 3 and 2. So not sure what to do there..I went to his forum and asked the Q. Someone else (not him) said the opposite- that it is better to err in the direction of going up a category. So perhaps 2 free meals rather than 1 free and 1 refeed would be a compromise. Also, with my awful metabolism due to age and the fact that I have about 12 k+ to lose, I wonder if that doesn't make me more Cat 3 (since Cat 1 seem to be leaner people.)

Also I am not convinced of the science re eating so many carbs to 'refeed'..are you? I don't think carbs apart from fruit and veg are natural foods to us, so to my way of thinking, a 'refeed' would be equivalent to hunter gatherer suddenly making a big animal kill after a week of semi-starvation, and gorging. They of course always ate the fatty stuff and brains first. And then there is all that insulin surge from eating that many carbs.. there is increasing evidence that health problems are linked to insulin issues etc. So to me, a good increased carbs refeed would be to eat fruit...3 pieces ought to do it. I am sure that our ancestors didn't scrimp on fruit if they came across a tree laden with it.

Are you allowing more fat in your free meal, or more carbs? I will miss fat much more than carbs.

Val
Sponsored Links