View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 19:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for all the information. I am not sure what times I will do yet. Would pilates or tae bo or jumping rope be alright for cardio? That's the things I have ever done for working out so this whole lifting thing is brand new to my life. I use weights during tae bo though, should I minus them out? I use 1-2 pounds in my hands and 2-3 pounds around my ankles. My pilates tape is only 20, I think that would work, right? I tried running for a couple months and then my knees and ankles swelled and I could barely walk, the doc put me on Bextra and told not to run anymore (outside on the street) but I could get a treadmill, so I bought a jump rope and that's what I do instead of running. I also go for 5-10 mile walks on Tues. and Thurs. nights, during the summer. I am starting my walks tomorrow. Is that also cardio? We try to walk fast but it's never jogging. Wow, I have a lot more questions than I thought I would.

Well the bench and weights isn't going so good. I came to find out that it is just a bench, no foot thingy and two dumbells but my fiance says they are very large. So I am still considering buying a new one, but I wont have to buy the weights at least. And some of the exercises in Builts beginners program requires a band or a pull down thing which I will also not have. Any suggestions for substitutes, or is this something I would have to get?

Anyone have an opinion on BoFlex, if I have to buy a system? Would this be better than a weight lifting system? I was looking into one in a town near by and found it to be about $1500.