#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-07, 13:35
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default This, That and PP Chat for October '07

Hi everyone! I realize it's probably seemed as though I've fallen off the planet, but I'm still here and kicking. And so is my baby! LOL

I can't say I'm following PP like I once was...this pregnancy thing has thrown me for a loop! HOWEVER, I still follow many, many of the principles and I think the quality of the food I eat is influenced greatly by the plan. The eggs are still high quality, the meat nitrate free and antibiotic free as often as possible, the dairy totally hormone free, etc. I have been allowing myself a variety of fruits in very reasonable portions (such as grapes and apples) and I've also indulged in cucumbers and tomatoes in large quantities...because they came directly from our garden (along with fresh herbs). I am having things with sugar in it, but I'm really trying to be selective and not overdo it. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I will say I've gone more to intuitive eating versus highly controlled. I try to pay attention to my body and I also drink a great deal of water, which has helped a lot.

I seem to be rather healthy and pregnancy is agreeing with me. I keep generally active, though my time at the gym has fallen by the wayside. I still walk, some garden work, do lots of photography (have shot 10 weddings while pregnant) and of course tons of housework (I'm still the one who does laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs and vacuums and cooks for the family.) Basically I've kept busy taking care of everyone in the house (Mom is doing well but requires a lot of care and assistance). But despite being so busy, my body continues to react well to being pregnant. If it weren't for a growing tummy and some major kicking, I might forget some days that I was pregnant I feel so normal. Ok, so I'm VERY tired...but then again, the way I run around, I think I should be!

My trips to the OB have been very positive. BP is always normal (120/70 or thereabouts everytime). My initial bloodwork was strong...no problems or concerns, strong counts where they should be, even unexpected immunities. They haven't said a word to me about my weight. I've gained about 24 pounds so far...close to pound per week of pregnancy (I'm currently in my 26th week). The weight gain has been nice and steady, which is good. And I seem to be carrying it in front, where I've expanded to the point that I can see it...but most people still don't guess I'm pregnant yet. The rest of me looks fairly similar, which is a marked difference from when I was first trying to lose weight (my face doesn't look puffy like it once did, which shows how this weight gain is so different). Also, my last OB visit elicited a compliment on my ankles. LOL I guess at 25 weeks or so they expect some swelling, but with all my water consumption and activity I've managed to do fairly well. I've heard my baby's heartbeat repeatedly - each time very strong. And since about my 18th or 19th week I've been feeling my baby move and it's getting more frequent and stronger every day. I tend to react by giggling a lot, but I have to say it's very reassuring to know that even though I'm crazed and challenged daily by my responsibilities that he is growing strong inside me!

And yeah, we found out by a confident tech (let's hope she's right) that it's a boy!

Hope everyone is doing well. I do try to stop by when I can and read up and of course as soon as I can, I'll return and get back into a much more dedicated PP routine!
Sponsored Links